Friday, September 11, 2009

First Ever Beauty Post!

So as per title, this is my first ever post about beauty. Now, as you may already know, I'm a guy. I'm (surprisingly, to some) a very low maitenence guy. I don't use any special products. The closest I get to that is shampoo and conditioner. I'm a very 'wake-up and go' type of person. Most of my time is devoted to what I'm wearing on my body as opposed to what I'm wearing on my face. So for me to be posting about beauty, It's kind of a big deal.
I've noticed that recently, in the world of fashion, as money is disappearing from people's wallets, eyebrows are disappearing from people's faces! It's all over the runway. Models (like Iris Strubegger and Lara Stone) have bleached eyebrows. In a recent conversation, I expressed to my best friend Ali that I was thinking of bleaching my eyebrows.
"You have perfect eyebrows!" she said. (Just so you all know, I've never met anyone as eyebrow-obsessed as Ali. Hers are full, dark, and perfectly arched. Needless to say, she is not buying into this no-eyebrow trend.)
But I love it. Who knows? Maybe this Clotheshorse will go sans eyebrows. We will just have to see. In the meantime, I experimented with this last night. I stole some flesh-toned eye pencil shit from my sister and drew it over my brows. Here was the result.

Free Image Hosting

I like it. It's so edgy, so raw. There's something about it that's so off. (Hmm. Maybe it's looking like you have no eyebrows.)

Free Image Hosting

Lara Stone, with her fabulous bleached brows.

Free Image Hosting

The makeup at Prada this season. (No eyebrows.)

I know this trend won't last, but it's fun while it's here!

No comments:

Post a Comment